Fan directions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipp080

Baseband Member
I just built an amd64 system and was curious which way I should blow the fans. Currently I have a side case fan blowing out, and a back case fan blowing in. Along with my psu fan. Are those good directions for those 2 fans? Right now I flucuate from 46-52 C. In the next week, I plan on ordering a much better heatsink/CPUfan however to lower those temps. But just wondering if those other 2 fans are blowing correctly? Side out, back in.

You have them reversed. The side fan should be blowing air in [intake] and the rear fan should be blowing air out [exhaust.]

Oic. Well the case came with the side fan already attached to blow out. I wonder why they did that?

Hmmmm, I have no clue lol. I've always heard to set your fans where the side is an intake and the rear are exhaust.

do you have a raidmax case with the two fans and the side window? I bought that case and then they installed them the blowing out also.. You want the case to have a convection flow.

You have to think about work load for the people that build the cases. If they are extremely easy to put together (click click click) then the technicians probably just shot them together willy nilly - like you would do if you worked there :)

I have a ThermalTake Xaser II and I have 2 fans at the front blowing into my case, 1 at the side blowing in, and 2 at the back blowing out. Then I have my PSU, CPU fans etc.

But the correct configuration is the side blowing into the case, and the back blowing out; working in conjunction with the PSU - and giving an overall healthy airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom