Fan controller + BIOS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry-box

Baseband Member
If i'm using a fan controller, do I need to turn something off in the BIOS?

I've got a Nexus fan controller. . . When I turn my CPU fan all the way up it tops out at 2500RPM, but when the temps start to rise the RPMS will go higher than that to like 2800RPM, as if the BIOS is responding to the higher temps and it's like the fan controllers not there.

well if you have the fan power connector connected straight to the motherboard then yes it's possible, if the controller is connected as a power reducer that would most likely be why. So basically you can turn it down but not up *shrugs*

the fan controller jacks into where the cpu fan is supposed to, then the fan plugs into the fan controller; but, the BIOS still seems to have control... it's so wack, and your'e right I can turn it down but not up. I'll max out at 2500 and when it feels like it, it'll go up to 2650-2800.

well, look around in your BIOS for a setting pertaining to fans, and turn it off. On my Asus board it's called Q Fan.

Q fan comes disabled though.. at least i think it does, on mine it's disabled, so that shouldn't be it...

I found something called "Fan Controller" and I disabled it. But, it doesn't seem to be having an effect. The fan tops out at 2500rpm with my Nexus fan controller turned all the way up... but, when it gets hot like 46-48C the fan will speed up to 2600-2800 rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom