Fan configuration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
I currently have one exhaust fan, CPU fan, and the fans on my power supply running in my case. I was wondering, do all fans always get setup as exhaust fans? Or does it help to get an extra fan to blow in the outside cooler air? I have a spot open at the bottom of my case where I could pop in another fan, so any help would be appreciated :) This is probably a stupid question since a fan could blow dust etc into your case...

you should really have at least equal the number of exhaust fans you have as intake fans... when i finish modding the cm stacker im getting ill have a total of 5 intake fans and 4 exhaust fans (including blowholes).. getting dust in ur case is no big deal if you take care of it and clean it out with presurized air once a month or you could just as well get fan filters and put them in front of ur intake fans... but with your setup i dont think you should need to spend more money for a fan... just turn the one you have as exhaust into an intake fan... because the fans in your psu do act as exhaust... and anyways with your setup you should have an intake fan because the Prescott cores run really really HOT.. well theres my 2 cents... hope i helped :)

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thank you :) I may just pick up a second fan and run it as an intake. I think the fan inside my PSU is starting to die. (The one on the inside) so the few bucks spent on another fan may be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom