Failing Intel Burn test always. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it seems that when I ran coretemps with these settings my temps got way to high when I ran Prime95. It got up to high 70's and at one point 80 on core 1 and 2.

Should I get better cooling before I proceed with any of this? Im afraid raising any volts will make those matters worse

I didn't apply it and I can't recall what he used. It wasn't the paste every one suggest. When he applied it he did it evenly and didn't put much on there. That stuff spreads a lot better then I thought.

What is your thoughts on how it should be applied? I am getting a new cooler and from what I understand it already comes with the paste everyone suggest here so I wont need to apply it. Just whip off the other stuff and put that cooler on.

yeah the Core Contact Freezer comes with TX-2

when you apply the paste, just put a pea sized drop in the middle of the CPU and press the cooler onto it

i usually spread mine out (i dont like to follow directions), but the pea drop works OK too. i just find that a thin layer seems to work best FOR ME.

^^ yeah lots of people like to get a little paintbrush and spread a tiny layer over the entire die... that makes sure you get the entire surface, but i find more paste gets stuck towards the centre of the chip if the layer is too thick

EDIT: oh yeah... here's chad's BIOS shots for everyone to have a look at

BIOS screens removed

i already made some suggestions via PM, but any other help would be great

EDIT2: didnt realise he had already posted shots

I've already posted them Bong on page one. Not sure why some are not showing in your links? Oh well.

Any way, pea size? That seems like a LOT compared to what was used when I did it. A pea seems like a lot to me. idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom