Factory OC'ed card - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2006, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Factory OC'ed card

Ive had a PNY 6800gs for a few weeks and it's just great. When I purchased it I didn't know that it came factory overclocked. It runs at 470/1.1. Over clocking is usually changing the software setting like in your bios so what exactly does a company do when they send you a overclocked GPU? Secondly can I still play with ocing it a bit too? Id love to try my hand at it but the setting seem a little more complicated than ocing ur CPU or ram. Whats the best program to try my hand at because I know Nvidia has their own program and there alot of 3rd party too. Sory if it alt o questions but Ihopw they are all fairly to the point. Thanks for reading

Old 03-06-2006, 02:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

overclocking gfx cards is easier than a cpu or ram. you can still overclock it in fact you could probably overclock it better than the standard because more likely than not it will have a better cooler on it. to have a factory overclocked card they just set the defaults higher

Visit my website - nitestick.net
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

yeah, overclocking graphics cards is easier than overclocking other stuff. Get a program like Rivatuner. Start with the core, and then raise the memory. Good luck! -Charlie
Closed Thread