F4DE by C4B12

C4B12

Solid State Member
Hello again!

I want to show you my first casemod, usually Im working from scratch. I learned a lot by this small project.

In my opinion I've found the ultimate mini-itx case, the Cubitek Mini Cube. Ever since I installed a computer for a friend in this case I have been in love. It is clean-looking, has A LOT of space behind the motherboard for both cablemanagement and harddrives.

My idea of this casemod was to make a "stealth" mod. Everything will be black except for some small details that will be the small contrast to all the black. So I will start by taking the case in two parts and paint everything that isnt black. Then I will be installing a 240mm radiator in the front, yes you heard me, I will be making a big hole in that nice-looking frontpanel. But dont worry, I will be covering it up with one of the most awesome-looking radiator grills from Aquacomputer.

Hardware:

[X] MB: MSI Z77IA-S01
[X] CPU: Intel I5 3550
[X] GPU: GTX 460
[X] RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinum
[X] SSD: Samsung 840 120gb
[X] PSU: Be-Quiet! Dark Power Pro P10 550W
[X] CASE: Cubitek Mini Cube

About the graphic cards. I want one that is reference model so I can watercool it. The best would be a 660/660ti/760 because those are around 17cm long. But I got a 460 with block and backplate really cheap from a friend so in the worst case scenario I will be using that one, it still has a lot of power actually. Im also looking for sponsors so maybe some changes will be made.

I won a competition with my other build, CURV3D and won a Alphacool 240mm kit. So I will be using the radiator and cpu-block from that. I probably will go for a Laing DDC pump with some nice res too that.

Here is a overview of the motherboard with the Alphacool XP3 Light block installed.

f2me.jpg

I didnt like the blue/alu caps so I made them and some other stuff black, F4DE in to black! :rock:

8iox.jpg

ias7.jpg

A Sharpie is a powerful "tool". So is the MNPCTech ruler.

7mq6.jpg

Thats all for now. Im currently planning and measuring out where to put the radiator and window and stuff like that. But I will update as soon as possible. I hope you like it. While you wait I would really appreciate if you liked to check out my facebook-page. There you will find more updates, giveaways and other computer related stuff.

With kind regards
Johan Nyman

Back
Top Bottom