EVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Modd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
I was looking at custom PCI fans, and found a PERFECT one to modd. Im going to OC my EVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT i think this would work well.

With a dual PCI fan

http://www.xoxide.com/3dedge.html

im going to take the fans out. Then drill 4 screw holes around the fan hole. So i can properly mount my new fans in. Then get a very small plastic cyclinder, witch the screw will go directly in, then through the pci fan container. Leaving my 80mm fan a half inch above the card. With that big fan holder im going to mount 2 80mm fans or 2 60mm fans with high CFM.

Since im buying a fan gauge, i'll have those 2 fans controlled through their. I picket that pci container because it have fans in different directions, so i can carry the heat away.

What do you guys think about that idea..?

Ok, sorry. You see this 3d edge fan.
http://www.xoxide.com/3dedge.html

Now you see where those fans are positioned. Im going to remove those 3 fans. So im left with just the 3D Edge Fan holder/container. Since those 3 fans have been removed, i have the original fans holes/slots. So now i can replace those fans.

Now im going to place ( One 80mm Fan in the Above slot) then add ( Two 60mm Fans in the side slots). So in simplar terms, im replacing the original fans with One 80mm and Two 60mm fans.

This is how i would make it possible. Im going to drill 4 screw holes around each fan slot, equivalent to the size of the new fans i will be adding. Then place the screw rod, inside these plastic cyclenders. So the holes i drilled will make it possible for me to mount my new fan in the 3D Edge.

The point of these screw cyclenders/sleeves. Is that i can use longer screws and the cyclender/sleeve will hold my fans above more. Giving me more distance between the fans, and my video card. Thus creating more space for air flow, more distance more space my air current has to gain speed.

So the idea is that i will have a high out-put 80mm fan above my card blowing air directly onto it. Then two 60mm fans aside my card, blowing air onto/away from the card. I hope i explained it alot better, i think if you read my first post, then this one you will get a good idea of how this will work, and the effects.

ThatÂ’s much better the idea sounds very good but to make it even better I suggest you get a after market VGA heatsink and put it onto your card for better performance. This will help allot because the air will blow onto the heatsink directly and the heatsink will help to absorb the cold air better than just leaving the stock cooler on.

Neosteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom