Evga 680i LT SLI ---> Evga 680i SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
For the LT owners/aspiring owners!

This is nothing new, but it doesn't appear to be common knowledge around here. I just flashed my 680i LT BIOS to P31! :D Now I have all the functionality of a regular A1 680i and none of the cost :D. No more nf67 P06, now nf68 P31!

2woiv79.jpg

34talgh.jpg

28hmn92.jpg

2n8rekj.jpg

35i0m8l.jpg

2qukpcg.jpg

Now it's time to have some fun. :D

Instructions:

1. Go here: 680i SLI - P31 BIOS Released

2. Follow those instructions

3. Once you reboot with the diskette/cd and it tells you "This BIOS is not compatible with your hardware, it will drop you at an A: prompt.

4. From there type: awdflash nf68_p31.bin /qi/wb

5. Type yes to the prompt to save your old BIOS, give it whatever name you wish.

6. If it asks you to save a second time, press no. (it didn't ask me, but apparently does for others)

7. It will again insist that it is not compatible and will ask if you want to continue. Choose yes.

8. Once it's done installing, press F1 to reboot. As soon as you see the post screen, power off the computer. Unplug the power supply, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on (hard reboot).

9. Enjoy your extra stability and control. :D

If you want the P30 BIOS, follow the same steps except download the P30 instead of the P31.

Hmm no luck for me so far, same holes as before. Still can't get it 3.6 stable, still need the same voltage for stability where i'm at. But maybe i'm doing something wrong. For now though I feel like playing COD4, then doing my taxes, then i'll try again. If I still don't have luck, i'll try P30.

TRI-SLI MAN!!! Actually i mainly picked up the A1 because it was only slightly more expensive than the LT. Oddly enough i'm using all 3 pci-e slots for sli and a 2nd monitor :p

lol

Well this bios flash hasn't seemed to have any significant effect so far. I can run *slightly* lower voltage @ 3.2ghz with mgcooks settings (except the cpu voltage of course), but 3.6 is just out of the question. It will seem fine for a while, and then randomly restart the computer during Prime. No matter the voltage. 3.51 I can do just fine, except my temps sky rocket with small fft's, but not gaming. I just got sh*t luck with the cpu I got. I think I have the highest VID out there.

Out of curiousity, what is the VID of your chip. I run mine at 3.6ghz with 1.4v and idle around 40C, load around 52C. I cant get it to survive a 4ghz run though, even with 1.5v. I think i still need to up the voltage on the FSB some more.

Out of curiousity, what is the VID of your chip. I run mine at 3.6ghz with 1.4v and idle around 40C, load around 52C. I cant get it to survive a 4ghz run though, even with 1.5v. I think i still need to up the voltage on the FSB some more.

1.3125v

I need 1.4v just to run 3.24GHz, idle at 37-38C, and load around 60C.

For 3.51GHz I need 1.51v, idles in the mid-upper 40C, gaming load around 62C. I don't small fft this setting, it overheats.

You need a better cooler to run that kind of voltage, thats for sure. But, ya, you got kind of a bunk chip for a slacr. My VID is 1.2, at stock speeds i can drop voltage down to 1.1, and run as high as 3.15ghz on stock volts. Until i lapped my TRUE i was only able to put about 1.45v into the chip before getting into temps that were high 60s. Now even at 1.55v i never break 70C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom