For the LT owners/aspiring owners!
This is nothing new, but it doesn't appear to be common knowledge around here. I just flashed my 680i LT
BIOS to P31!
Now I have all the functionality of a regular A1 680i and none of the cost
. No more nf67 P06, now nf68 P31!
Now it's time to have some fun.
1. Go here: 680i SLI - P31 BIOS Released
2. Follow those instructions
3. Once you reboot with the diskette/cd and it tells you "This BIOS is not compatible with your hardware, it will drop you at an A: prompt.
4. From there type: awdflash nf68_p31.bin /qi/wb
5. Type yes to the prompt to save your old BIOS, give it whatever name you wish.
6. If it asks you to save a second time, press no. (it didn't ask me, but apparently does for others)
7. It will again insist that it is not compatible and will ask if you want to continue. Choose yes.
8. Once it's done installing, press F1 to reboot. As soon as you see the post screen, power off the computer. Unplug the power supply, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on (hard reboot).
9. Enjoy your extra stability and control.
If you want the P30 BIOS, follow the same steps except download the P30 instead of the P31.