Error while installing Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosGarcia

Solid State Member
Just as I get to the driver installation, the computer either reboots or gives me a stop blue screen:

Driver_Irql_not_less_or_equal

Error codes are:

0x000000D1 (0x78A6C126, 0x00000002, 0x81F56021).

My CPU's temperature is 48ºC, over 115ºF.

Hmm your cpu temp is fine. Umm what is the system components. Something you have is inccorrect like the memory. I had that same error on a computer i built. I had to return hell of stuff till i found what it was. And i never did find out. I Just took everything back and got everything new and fifferent. List your specs. But check to make sure ur memory is compatible and in the right dimms.

CarlosGarcia said:
Just as I get to the driver installation, the computer either reboots or gives me a stop blue screen:

Driver_Irql_not_less_or_equal

Error codes are:

0x000000D1 (0x78A6C126, 0x00000002, 0x81F56021).

My CPU's temperature is 48ºC, over 115ºF.

Try switching your PCI cards around. That is an IRQ issue. If that doesn't help, do the thing you should have done... Get a real operating system...

Hehe .. how real can the Home edition on my CD-RW be ..

I'm still getting those nasty blue screens. Only PCI card I have is .. none. It's an AGP video card. I also have a hard drive, CD-RW, currently 2 256 Vdata memory chips, a Gigabyte K7 motherboard, and an Athlon XP2700. This is just what is running. Obviously, for elimination purposes in the search for solutions.

Just yesterday I reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP Home. After the format, using Nanya memory, I got to the second part of the installation, where the peripherals are identificated and the system files copied accordingly. There, my monitor blinked (going off, then on) a couple of times. After this, some more Windows working, then Driver IRQL. Reading the posts, I decided to change my memory to the Vdata sticks. Format, install. I left the installation on format and went to sleep. When awoken, this is the message on the screen:

CDFS FILE SYSTEM

cdfs.sys address F86A1838 base of FC696000 Datestamp 3d6de24a

STOP 0x00000026 (0x000401F4, 0xF80C0F2C, 0xF80C0C2C, 0xF86A1838)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom