ep45-ud3p and q9400 overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItHurtz

Baseband Member
I just started overclocking, so this is pretty new to me. I'm trying to overclock to 3.4ghz on air and so far I'm at 3ghz with an aftermarket cooler with temps no higher than 58C running intel burn test. So far by only changing fsb to 375, ram is 1.8volts 5-5-5-18 750mhz(a data ddr2 800mhz, supposedly gaming ram with the red heat spredder) and some other options listed below. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this setup and can look over what i did so far and give some insight on getting to 3.4ghz? I typed out the settings I changed, let me know if you need more info.

cpu enhanced halt (c1e)=disabled
cpu thermal monitor (tm2)=disabled
cpu eist function=disabled

load-line calibration=enabled
cpu vcore=was auto changed to normal
cpu termination=was auto changed to normal
cpu pLL=was auto changed to normal
cpu reference=was auto changed to normal

mch core=was auto changed to normal
mch reference=was auto changed to normal
mch /dram reference=was auto changed to normal
ich i/o=was auto changed to normal
ich core=was auto changed to normal

dram voltage=was auto changed to normal
dram termination=was auto changed to normal
channel a reference=was auto changed to normal
channel b reference=was auto changed to normal

Update, I enabled cpu thermal monitor, increased the fsb to 399 , still stock voltages ,changed ram to 798. So now im right under 3.2ghz. I ran intelburn test and still fine, temperature has maxed to 59C.

We got similar setups, Im just running DDR3 instead of DDR2. Its a great board to overclock with, ive gotten to 545MHz FSB before and run 500 as a daily overclock. But for it to be 100% stable the CPU vcore sits at like 1.44. But im watercooled so it's all good, and been stable for over a year at these settings.

3.4GHz should be no problem for you. Up your CPU voltage to around 1.35 (max i recommend if your running air cooling is 1.4V) and your looking at a FSB of 425 with your CPU multiplier at 8X for 3.4GHz. Also, if you run in to stability problems, try turning off LLC (load line calibration) These boards do not seem to like LLC and a heavy overclock for some strange reason...

Also, CPU-Z Validation for 545 FSB :D

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=549789

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom