End or Unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirtySixBelow

Daemon Poster
I have a 3000+ and I was raising the multiplier to 11.5 with 200 fsb to get 2300 Mhz. I needed to up the vcore to 1.675 in order for my computer to start. I got into windows fine. Then when I moved up to 12x mult when I got to the loading windows xp screen my computer restart. My temps are 45C. Since I don't think heat is the issue I was just wondering if the restart was a stability issue and I might need more than 1.675 since that is only .025 more volts than stock of 1.6 or if i might have possibly reached the ceiling of my processor. I'm just afraid to raise my vcore much because I heard that I can fry my processor if it's to high... my mobo won't let my fsb go higher than the stock 200Mhz, so I am just doing multiplier and the vcore goes up to 1.8. Thanks

The only other thing I can do is raise the fsb and that will push my ram beyond its 200mhz speed, is that ok with corsair ram... And if so how does that work with my video card and sound card. I know they run off the 33mhz pci bus and the 66mhz agp. How does a fsb of 200 transfer down to 33mhz and how would an increase of the 200 to say 210 effect them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom