emachines t5048

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHACHI82

Beta member
Hi I just purchases an emachines desktop t5048 about a 2 weeks ago but the fan is extremely loud. Does anyone know how to adjust this or should I bring back to the store?

My comp also runs slow for a brand new one any suggestions on making it faster? How can you create a restore disc since it doesn't come w/ one?

thanks i'm new :eek:

Firstly, Welcome to the forums! What are the specs of the machine? It's normal for system fans to run loudly so don't be alarmed about it. There's not really anyway to adjust it without getting a fan controller. I can't help on the restore disk question since I've never had to use one. What do you mean by it runs slow? The system just might not be good, or could possibly be loaded down with a bunch of extra windows utilities and things you don't need causing excess lag. There's a few things you can do in windows to speed up the comp, Increasing the size of your paging file, Taking off some of the visual effects in windows, Defragging, Just general maintenance stuff.

Your computer is not that fast because It's a cheaper model, If you want a faster PC you should return it and buy a more expensive one.

It has 512mb of ram and the integrated graphics is using 128mb of that, so really it only has 384mb of available ram.

In the reviews(link below) people complained about the fans being loud, But that's no reason to return it to the store, Just buy some new quite fans from a store like newwegg.com
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=335984&pfp=external&tabtype=rv#review

If you plan on buying a nice graphics card later, You will probably have to upgrade the PSU (power supply unit) also because the one that's in your PC is probably only 250-300 watts.

Loud fan = buy new quiet fan

Uninstall all the crapware that came with your computer (all new pre-builts have a bunch of stuff).

Click Start > Run > type "MSCONFIG" > Enter > Startup tab > uncheck everything you do not need to start up when Windows starts (keep anti-virus, firewall, etc) > Apply > OK > reboot.

Buy and install another stick of 512MB DDR RAM.

Buy and install a cheap graphics card. Your computer has a PCI-E slot and a 300W PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom