Easy Tune 5 with Gigabyte mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

naerskine

In Runtime
Does anybody have this? I just got my computer set up and now im messin around with this thing. Is it any good? I put my speed at 2648 from 2399 on my E6600 and now it wont go back, how do i make it go back? I have no idea about overclocking

Easy tune is a pretty weak program... you are better off going into your bios (typically "del" at the first boot screen) and adjusting you front side bus (FSB) and upping your voltage alittle bit. you will be able to go way higher than easy tune lets you.

i would recommend reading up alittle on it first. and knowing how to reset your cmos prior to overclocking (it is a reset if you oc to high and cant boot)

yeah i have easytune too. i wouldn't suggest OCing with it though. i only use it for temp monitoring and even then i don't know if it's exactly on. i just use it to ballpark temps.

I'm assuming that you have a DS3 mobo since it's a gigabyte/C2D setup.

to OC:

1. first go to gigabyte's webiste and update your BIOS with the program @BIOS (it's on your CD that came w/ the mobo)

2. read up on OCing on the sticky tread here and in your manual because it's really not that great to just go on what other people explain to you because they might assume you know stuff you don't.

3. boot up your computer.

4. just tap the [delete] key until you get into a blue scree (BIOS)

5. once in BIOS you'll be able to OC there. you can also get more options by pressing Ctrl + F1. (it mostly gives you options for tweaking ram and stuff but it's still really useful.

6. from there just up the FSB and set the memory divider to 2:1 (which is actually 1:1 for DS3's for some reason) and up the vcore when you get unstable.

i can't say for sure what a safe temp is for your cpu but i never let mine get up past 50-55. Intel says not to go over 60 but a guy on here "accidently" had his running around 80 for a while before noticing and it still works fine now.

Just so you know... e6300 is rated for 60 degrees... but then so is the e6600... which i have... and i have had it up to 83 degrees (heatsink fan broke) and it was still ok....!

These core 2 duos are solid. If you want to overclock it dont just start messin with easy tune5 ... read up and learn what your messin with. mistakes can be expensive... and information is free.... do the maths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom