Easy Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put my case close to the window, and started up my fan contraption (no tubing yet though) and it blew.. generally cold, not too cold though, maybe like 5F degrees into the fans in the back, and it dropped my cpu temp from 97 to 49, 48degrees, thats pretty good. This is immediately after I applied new thermal compound and cleaned out my heatsink which was gettin clogged with dust, I left it (the fan) going for a few hours but it was gettin cold in my room. I thought 48 degrees was pretty good, and case was closed and no fogginess or anything. I think its ok.

Lazerman - I simply think it wouldn't be practical and unless we're going for world records or something, it's be more hassle than it's worth to keep the cooler with ice in it.

Perhaps if you used something like jacks PSU box that he made where he just put a couple fans in it. Have the hose go in that little box, make the hose curvy and whatnot, and have the fans blowing into that little space with of course an exhaust.

Itd almost be like a radiator without the metal, but you'd need a good pump due to the extra length in hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom