Easy Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
you all seen this before but i can't tell you how great it work's, i just took sum old dryer venting and attached it to the intake fan on the side and ran the other end out the window,my temp's were 49c since they have the heat in my building cranked up,in about 5 minute's my temp's droped to 35c from 49c.can't go wrong for 2 minute's work and $8 for the venting.

CoolDown.jpg

You have gotta love that. I was considering that for my pc in the winter. I attend college up in north country (Adirondacks of new york state), where often we dont see double digits (F) for over two months. Except my pc is not that close to the window.

A friend of mine did the same thing, except has a 80mm fan at both ends, for faster air flow. He runs the cable to power the fan through the tube back into the pc.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
How did you secure it to the side of your pc? Did you attach it to your fan grill some how?

looks like electrical tape to me.

That sounds like a good idea, I think I'll try that in winter too. But what about high humidity or rain and snow?

It looks like he used electrical tape. If you look closely, you can see it.

EDIT: Musjunk got to it before me...lol

-Silent Fear

I just used tape for right now,when i switch my fans around i'm gonna put my rear fan on the outside for the intake and attach it with a clamp or a big zip tie,with all the dloading and surfing i'm doing right now it still has'nt went above 37c :)

yeah it's a good time to do that now, except it's been raining...but I live in cali so it's hot a lot of the time and that wouldn't work for me during the hot months. Cool pics though :p

i was thinking of doing this myself as my comp is right at the side of an outside wall but was realy worried about damp if i open the door in this room i can get a 15 to 20 c drop in temp as it is winter here, do you think it would be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom