e8400 safe voltages...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
Is 1.36 Vcore safe for everyday use if the temps are reasonable? I hear the new 45nm chips don't like high voltages.

My Bios says 1.39 but CPUZ says 1.36? What exactly is a droop and what does it mean? What source do I trust?

Any programs that will show me the correct temps of this chip? I hear Real Temp is the only one, but it always shows temps in the 40s on idle, while Bios shows low 30s while idle? Is that correct?

Any programs that will show me the correct temps of this chip? I hear Real Temp is the only one, but it always shows temps in the 40s on idle, while Bios shows low 30s while idle? Is that correct?

I'm in the same situation. Realtemp reads about at least 10 higher than Bios and Coretemp reads 10 higher than that. Today my Bios read 18C and Realtemp read 38C:confused:

About the voltages though, I have already put 1.8v into my E7200:eek:
It's still tick'n. And I had 1.8 going into it for over an hour. I wouldn't leave it on there 24/7, but if you feel the need to push it now and then, I think you can.

hrmm 1.8... wtf, that would fry it!!! thats insane voltage even for a q6600!!!!!!

and what are your room temperatures??? if its anywhere near your room temperature.. its wrong... unless your on some sort of water cooling

Holy crap, 1.8V? I heard that the 4nm would obliterate with voltage too high, it would kill the chip.. But you reassured me there.

This temp problem is driving me crazy, Its hard to work on a nice stable overclock when you don't know if your at a cool 40C or as hot as the fricken sun.

hrmm 1.8... wtf, that would fry it!!! thats insane voltage even for a q6600!!!!!!

and what are your room temperatures??? if its anywhere near your room temperature.. its wrong... unless your on some sort of water cooling

I know, huh? I keep reading that these new chips can't take as much voltage, but something inside my head tells me to push it further, so I do...
So I guess it won't fry it, unless you leave it for a long period of time, cause I keep upping the volts, but yet, no smoke.
I once put 2.00v into my E2200 and didn't burn it up.
Here's an image. CPUz reads 1.776v because of the voltage drop, but I set it to 1.8 in the Bios.
OCimage18.JPG

i personally think your cpu or mb is reporting wrong, u should get a temp node and put it on ur cpu heat spreder. or how bout touch the heatsink and if it burns you... but either way its so ****ing awesome!!!

edit: better yet see if u can cook some smores inside your pc

Pic

What are the odds of my Gigabyte software being correct? It shows the same temps as bios. Nice and low... I really doubt it's 47C-70C like real temp says, its nice and cool in my room and it doesn't move far crom 47C even on stock voltages, way to high.

I did a search on how correct EasyTune 5 pro Vs RealTemp is with the e8400, the best response I got was "why believe either of em.. they could both be lying.. but welcome to the 45nm who the f-ck knows club.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom