e8400, oh baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I booted up, and I looked in the bios, what voltage it was putting through...

1.15!
cpu-z will not give me the multi or fsb, so I am going to DL a new version. And coretemp said the temp is 37C but my BIOS says that it is 11C. So I am getting a new version of that too.
Then I am going to reset the cmos, and start OCing :D

Thought I would give you guys an update. I cant wait to see the VID on this chip.

check this out. (i must have speedstep on, but I swear I turned it off...) look at the VID. and the temps?

nice....awaiting results on your clocking.

I am trying to figure out why the temps are so high. on idle 42 is way high.
but on speedfan, the "temp 1" is 9C, and temp2 is 31C. Those are the only two that make any sense. .. hmm I will go check the BIOS. brb

ignore BIOS and speedfan...CoreTemp is most likely right...try reseating your heatsink?

I am going to do that. But first, I need a bios update to "unleash the power of the unknown cpu" ... uhh I thought I updated with the newest this morning...

I am looking up new bios right now. that is why my multi is at 6. It reset it to 6 when it doesnt know the cpu.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

I have the 0901 already flashed.
Should I try to drop back one?

yea...give your thermal compound some time to work itselft out too. That will drop your temps a little bit.

yea...give your thermal compound some time to work itselft out too. That will drop your temps a little bit.

and right now I am using crappy thermal compound. Some stuff from best buy, because my arctic silver up and vanished. So I ordered some mx-2, but it wont be here until tues. So I will redo it all then. For right now, I need to get the bios worked out. Hopefully push it a lil, and then on tues, or when I get my new mobo I can really push it.

I use AS5 and when first applied I as at 40 idle, now I'm at 32, so depending on the setup you can get more than just 1-2 c out of it.

I use AS5 and when first applied I as at 40 idle, now I'm at 32, so depending on the setup you can get more than just 1-2 c out of it.

I had some AS5, but it flew away.. it isnt with all my stuff, so I have no idea what the heck happened to it. sort of annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom