e8400 + maximus forumla

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, but the option to run my ram at ddr2800 is not there. Unless my cpu is running slower. like at 400fsb.

I was thinking maybe if I set my ram timings way down my ram can run at ddr2-1000? That is what I will try later tonight.

Anyone out there with the maximus run into this prob?

EDIT:
I got it to 4.17 with a dram freq of ddr2-928 (1:1 464 fsb) but it wouldnt boot even 1fsb higher. I had my vcore at 1.3125 and my vdram at 2.20. I am thinking I should up my vdram( I put in my old gskill, so I am not worried about smoking them) any other way to get my ram running faster? I want to get all I can outta this chip, even if I dont run it 24/7 like that.

yeah, I will. I just went to reformat my system, to learn that my xppro disk is corrupt (only learned after I reformatted everything) so I am on vista right now. I am gonna get a new xp, then continue. 4ghz for today is fine :D

But no one knows anything about this board? how to Unlink them? this is just really messed up. A board with such great bios options, and made for gamers and overclocking, and you cant unlink them? that just doesnt make sense.

I think you can unlink them, you just set it to the final speed you want the RAM to run and the board sets the FSB to DRAM ratio accordingly.

Check for a bios flash.

I am gonna check for one. Because you cant manually set the speed of the ram, I tried. You can only choose from their preset options depending on what the cpu is running. I can choose random numbers, but it is almost always a small ratio, like 1:1 or 5:4 or something, not like.. say.. 23:6 or something (that might happen if you set your own crazy fsb, and a ddr2-800 setting say). I am almost certain I have the newest bios though, because I needed to flash them to get my e8400 to run.

Thank you, I am on my way to find one:D

I can always rely on this forum for good advice:D

a 5:4 ratio would run 371 mhz ram with a fsb of 464. which your ram should do stock timings no problem.
a 3:2 ratio would give you 309 mhz ram with a fsb of 464. which your ram should do with REALLY tight timings and probably 1T command rate.
try either one of those, if your ram is the problem, either one of those ratios will keep it running at a speed it should do no problem.
i dont know of any motherboards that you can actually SET the ram speed to an arbitrary number. there is always a ratio of some sort.

no, I was just throwing numbers out. it only gives me the options based on the fsb speed. Look at the pics I took.

oh i didnt see those pics....
wow, that is kind of wierd.
and you have thouroughly explored the option is bios (im sure) and there is nowhere to adjust a ratio?
who is it that has one of these mobos...?
amggtplayer has one i think, maybe you can PM him and ask if he can help.

EDIT:
are you opening "dram frequency" in those pics?
if so, open "CPU ratio setting" and see what it says.
i think thats the cpu multiplier....

all the stuff i can find on it is showing them overclocking with some heavy duty fast ram, no ddr2 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom