e8400+ bios update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
hey guys, just ordered the asus P5N-D and i was just wondering, will i need to updae the bios in order to OC my e8400 on it? and when my stuff arrives, will i be able to boot up the pc without the bios update? Will the e8400 OC to atleast 3.6ghz with an arctic cooler 7pro? (2x 1gb crucial ballistix)

It's always a good idea to update the BIOS to it's most current version. They usually make tweaks to improve overclocking capabilities and the overall stability of the system. As to how far you can OC, it depends on the individual e8400 CPU. Some can go 600MHz+ and others only 400MHz. You should be able to if you take your time to set it just right.

Just go to asus.com and download the latest BIOS. It very simple to do now. Just need a USB drive or floppy disk and it's a three step process.

hey guys, just ordered the asus P5N-D and i was just wondering, will i need to updae the bios in order to OC my e8400 on it? and when my stuff arrives, will i be able to boot up the pc without the bios update? Will the e8400 OC to atleast 3.6ghz with an arctic cooler 7pro? (2x 1gb crucial ballistix)

no it supports it out of the box, but its recommended you keep your BIOS up to date completely

yes you should

Yep it's a pretty good cooler. But as I said it's CPU dependent on how tolerable yours is to overclocking.

^^ true, most of the reason why CPU's get fried today is if a n00b to Overclocking don't understand that not all CPU's whether they be the same Revision and such and expect the exact same overclock, so they'll see that e8400 at 4.8ghz, and do it themselves not knowing what they are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom