e8400 bad chip??

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
i just got a new build, an e8400 and a biostar Tp45 HP board..problem is i can oc easily to 3.6ghz but in order it to be stable, i need to bump vcore to a high 1.43. idle temps are somewhere 51-54..orthos and prime can bring it to whopping 85 degrees so far i have done a 10 hrs stable run on it..am i having a bad chip??am i safe and is my temps okay??

some1 pls help...and my 2x1 corsair dominator 8500 rams are not able to run 1066..its not even stable at 800mhz...it needs 2.7V vdimm to be stable at 800mhz...pls helpp!!!

did u adjust the timings correctly? should be like 5-5-5-18 or something and lower ur voltage b4 u fry ur ram.

and the reason ur having bad temps is cus u ahve a Intel Low Profile HSF. u need a better heatsink, and if cpu is gettin 85 on stability testing at ur current clock u need to lower ur oc... bad b4 u fry ur chip, also 1.43 sounds bad for 3.6 on a e8400 u prolly got a bad vid.

yeap..but many ppl are running the stock hsf.mems timing i have adjusted to its stocks..
5-5-5-15 @2.1V i dunno y i have to up the Vdimm so much..but the rams does not feel so hot..is my rams bad too? and it cant even run 1066

yeap..but many ppl are running the stock hsf.mems timing i have adjusted to its stocks..
5-5-5-15 @2.1V i dunno y i have to up the Vdimm so much..but the rams does not feel so hot..is my rams bad too? and it cant even run 1066

yes some ppl do use intel stock fans, but overclockers dont, if ur gonna oc ur cpu u need to get a different heatsink. and ur ram might be bad idk, maybe ur mb cant handle 1066 ram, what mb do u have?

yea..my board can handle 1066 ..heres the link--->BIOSTAR
i dont know whether is my board bad or the rams are bad...coz i bought this 2 items from different shops..my board have problem running another 2x1 gb 6400 rams so i thought it was a compatability issue so i went out to get this pair of corsair..=( do you think its a high possibility its a ram issue..becoz my board have to up to like vdimm 2.7 to get it working..

yes..i have ran memtest previously and it was okay...btw i just update my bios and i can now boot my ram to 1066 now but still with voltage 2.7V...so does my problem lies with the board or rams? pls help again..

(LATEST FINDING)
when running 2x1GB at 1066..bios only boot and recognize 1GB
but when running 2x1gb at 800mhz..bios will recognize 2GB.. is this ram problem??

yeah the problem could be that you ran it at 2.7V and (very) likely burned it up, if that is the actual voltage being supplied.
that ram is spec'd for 2.1-2.2V, man.
i dont know how well the dominators work with that mobo, but from what little i could gather about that mobo, adjusting the ram and getting it stable is a PITA.

hey nagasama...erm..burned it up?? yes the stock volt is 2.1V..but all the way i have been using 2.6-2.7v..the first time(Saturday) i plugged it in..it wont boot..only when i bump e vdimm up to 2.6-2.7V then it booted and only stable at 800mhz..so its my ram that is faulty and not my board's fault right??=( just to confirm..

yes i would RMA the ram first. if it doesnt boot at stock settings with new ram, i wouldnt run 2.7V thru it, i'd rma the mobo.
yes you can damage ram easily with that high of voltage. in any event...something is wrong if it wont run stock speeds at stock voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom