E7200 and some overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDRoX

In Runtime
I received my E7200 the other day and installed it last night. This morning I ran it through some overclocks. My first impressions are I'm very impressed with it. Especially at $135.
The only thing I could say bad about it is it runs a little warm, but even under a load the temp's don't change that much. And even as I upped the voltages the temps hardly went up at all.

So here was my first attempt. 3.5GHz and a superpi time around 15sec.
OCimage11.JPG

I tightened up the RAM a little and upped it to 3.8GHz.
OCimage12.JPG

It was taking everything so well I tried for 4GHz, and it ate it up.
OCimage13.JPG

That's all I have time for now, but tonight I plan on really seeing what it can do. I feel like I only scratched the surface.

Speedstep is disabled.
The chip just runs at super low voltage. At stock speeds I undervolted it to .9V:eek:
I think I could have kept going, I just got sidetracked.

And thanks.

*edit*
I should have said I undervolted it to .99375V, just under 1.00V.
Just didn't want anyone to think it ran on .90000V.

Wow Nice VID, even though Speedstep is off thats pretty low :D (thats a good thing btw)

those things do overclock like their big daddy Wolfdales (aka e8xxx series)

Don't overvolt it though, or you could get those CPU Degradation issues people get on their CPU's because they want the 4.0ghz oc's like everybody else

just keep it under 1.4v and you won't have to worry about degradation.

Before I sat down, I told myself that I wouldn't go over 1.5v. Fortunately I didn't even have to come close to 1.5v.
Just wondering why you say < 1.4V. And what exactly is degradation?

I have seen others put 1.9v into an E7200:eek: So I figured I'd be safe at 1.5v, but I don't really know I was just guessing.

Which Program did that be displayed on for those guys? It might just be an inaccurate reading or they could be on Water Cooling, but that Voltage is still high

1.9V is not a voltage anyone will be running for long. Just for short benchmarks.

Above 1.4V may be fine, it's just that it seems the jury is still out as to where the absolute line you shouldn't cross is. If it were me I'd be fine with 1.45v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom