e6600 temps very weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattchew13

Baseband Member
hello i recently purchased a big typhoon 120 vx for my e6600 to overclock and i am getting some really weird temps. it idles from 39c-46c and this isnt even overclocked this is at stock settings. on load these temps go from 46c and the way to 57c. i have a asus p5b-e mobo and my case is a gigabyte 3d aurora.

are these temps normal?

Thats pretty high even for a stock fan.

You might have a problem with the heatsink fully touching the chip, or the thermal paste. Check that it all looks as if it is seated well and make sure air is actually able to get it well.

I had a similar problem at first where AS5 says to barely put enough on so that you can still barely see the text on the CPU. The heatsink was touching one little spot and I was getting crazy temps of 75C+. I put more than the recommended amount and the temps dropped to 44C at load.

hello i recently purchased a big typhoon 120 vx for my e6600 to overclock and i am getting some really weird temps. it idles from 39c-46c and this isnt even overclocked this is at stock settings. on load these temps go from 46c and the way to 57c. i have a asus p5b-e mobo and my case is a gigabyte 3d aurora.

are these temps normal?

Those temps are not normal for having an aftermarket hsf.
I'm using stock and my temps are better than yours. I highly suggest you reapply some as5 and reseat your hsf.
My idle temps are currently 30c...load 45c. Ambient temps are much cooler nowadays.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom