E6600 and temp programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilveari

Baseband Member
Just started OCing my new system after giving it a couple weeks for shakedown. Currently running at 334x9 for a 3ghz clock speed. Upped the RAM voltage to 2.0, set the frequency to auto, it's runnin 2:3 FSB:DRAM right now, also dropped the timings to their LISTED default of 5-5-5-12.

Im looking at the AI Utility, Speedfan, and Core Temp Beta .94.

ASUS AI says 51C cpu temp, Speedfan says 51C cpu temp, but Core Temp Beta is showing : TJunction-85C, Core0-42C, Core1-43C.

1) What is the TJunction temp in Core Temp Beta?
2) What are "high" "ZOMFGBBQedCPUtime!" and "safest-OCed" temps for the E6600?
3) Should I let the mobo automatically set the DRAM speed, or should I do it manually. This mobo doesnt seem to wanna give me 1:1 ratio by letting it do the ram frequency.
4) Im still running the stock intel heatsink, so im not looking for UC(Uberclocking)

ASUS P5B-E MOBO(**** AI NOS, I unlocked everything)
E6600 Conroe
Corsair XMS2(NOT PRO) PC2-6400 stock lsited timings of 5-5-5-12@1.8v
2 rear exhaust(1x90 1x120), 1 front intake(90), 1 top intake(90) in a Thermaltake Armor(****ing massive TANK) case.
OCZ 600W GameXstream PSU

She seems to be running stable and smooth right now. Need a bit of advice, then im gonna finish my OCing and run me some Prime95 for a bit.

EDIT: Since it's DDR, the frequency that CPU-Z shows(500mhz) has an effectice frequency of 1ghz right? So I toss the cpu frequency up to 400mhz, id wanna run the RAM frequency at 400mhz(DDR800 speed) to get a 1:1 ratio?

UPDATE: Been doing a torture test with prime95 for about 3 hours now. CPU temp has topped out at 62, pretty much held steady at 62C for the past 2.5 hours while under full load (Core Beta has been showing the individual cores at 50-53). Looks like i'm going pretty good. Just gotta tweak the last of the settings(upping the cpu just a tad more, matching the RAM up to the CPU, then do an extended torture test, and a stress test, and a memtest)

One more update for tonight. Gave myself a Black Screen of Death prePOST earlier, so I cleared the BIOS and tweaked the old settings a bit. dropped the multiplier, increased the bus, lowered the RAM timings, increased the RAM voltage and detuned the RAM bus.

Right now im holding at 73-74C in stress/torture tests(FULL LOAD as in taxing both cores 95%+

Conroe is running 3Ghz, RAM timings down to 4-4-4-12. Got a FSB:RAM Ratio of 1:1. had to lower my DDR800 to 748mhz to get the 1:1 ratio though. I'll probbaly do a stress test for performance and how well it does with what I usually do on my Pc tomorrow. Day full of WoW!

Btw sorry for all the clutter, but this is my first time OCing everything all by myself, and im a bit worried and excited about it. Dont wanna break anything, but I also wanna know im going about things the right way. I lowered the multiplier on the CPU so I could increase the frequency. Wanted a 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio that is closer to DDR2-800 speeds.

EDIT: Just for fun:
My Validated CPU-Z panel

sorry for the lateness!! but you could get SIV to monitor your temps.. that what i always used with my 975x PUE

and if you don't mind my asking.. why is your multi at 8?

Dropped the multi to 8 to achieve higher clock speed on the CPU, and increase my RAM speed while staying at a 1:1 FSB:DRAM ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom