E6600, has anybody had the same probs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naerskine

In Runtime
I have finally figured out how to OC this thing for the most part and have no problem getting it up to 2864mhz from 2394mhz. The Problem I do have is once I go anywhere above 319mhz with 9xmulti and 2x memdivider for a 1:1 the thing becaomes unstable. Sometimes the Hard drive will make crazy noises while posting, sometimes it wont post at all, and sometimes it will not even recognize the hard drive is their and ask me to boot off a CD. I have tried rasing and lowering the v core, it ran stable for24 hours in p95 at just under 1.4 volts. it runs just as stable now at 1.35. Im kinda lost now. I really want to break the 3.0mhz mark and ive seen people have these things at like 3.5 so I know it can be done. Any Ideas? If i have some of the terms wrong above plz excuse im still not down with the verbage.
thanks

like i say everywhere. every cpu has different OCing capabilities. two identical chips and one can OC 500MHz higher.

now im not saying this is ur problem so, first whats ur mobo? and second what do ur temps look like when OC'd to the max before becoming unstable?

u also have to be more careful changing the vcore. its a little more dangerous once u get into that territory. change it by whatever the smallest increment is at a time. and if 0.05 is the smallest that not a great OCing mobo. asus makes most of theirs 0.0125 now

well first what kind of memory do you have????

memory divider... i laugh, i had my ddr533 running up to ddr 667 easily... i'm at 3.0 ghz right now at 1.3V or something like that......

in my opinion , you only change the vcore on the cpu if your overclock is unstable, when still at good temps. then you go very slowly in increments, testing thoroughly with prime95 each time.

it would be nice to know what your mobo is too. But i would start over as well. Reapplly the hsf and reset bios. Increase the cpu frequency by 5mhz inquirements and boot into windows and run TWO instances of xtremesystem's version of super pi and then run orthos for about 2min. If it is stable, increase the teh frequency agian. When it becomes unstable, increase the vcore. If your on stock cooling, i wouldn't go any higher then 1.4 vcore. Im on a zalman with artic silver 5 and i keep myn at 1.35vcore cause my load temps sometimes hit 50'C, but i think thats cause i just wasn't lucky.

heres links to the stress testers: superpi and orthos

and i just remembered a great guide on stress testing: here ya go stress test guide

Its a Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3 mobo. Ok, now Im at 319x9 if I go any higher it says it wants me to insert floppy or load from CD/DVD. It loads fine up to this point. When I reset and start bios it says its running at what ever speed i set it at (333x9). the mem multi is already set on 2 so the ram switches to a 1:1 ratio. If I increase the Vcore nothing happens, just wont load windows. There are other options for increasing voltage but im not sure if they are what I want(DIMM, PCI-E, FSB, (G)MCH, then the vcore) Im not sure if any of those would help me out.

edit: I have a Zalman hsf aswell and it runs at less then 30c nor more then 33c at load

maybe its a doa mobo, cause you should be getting good overclocks with that motherboard. Thats all i can think of now.

And i can't figure out why everyone else are getting such great temps from their zalmans and im not. Maybe i should try to reapplying myn :p. Seriously tough im idling at 40'c with a 1.35vcore . :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom