E6600 3.0Ghz OCing HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongb18c

In Runtime
I recently got a new Zalman sink so I decided to have a little fun and OC my E6600 a bit, with 3.0Ghz as a first attempt. But I ran into some problems so I need some help. Here's the setup:

E6600
2GB Corsair PC6400
Gigabyte DS3 board

With these settings

FSB set to 334Mhz
Memory multiplier set to 2
vcore set to 1.40V (default is 1.325V)
Memory voltage set to 2.1V (+0.3V)
FSB voltage set to +0.1V (don't know default)
All other voltages left unchanged

With that I booted into Windows and check cpuz to check my clock and everything looked fine and it was idling at 30C. I rebooted again, afterwards which I ran a stress test overnight for 8 hours - the test didn't hault or give any errors so I guess it was stable. I turned off my comp in the morning. Then here's where I ran into a problem, when I turn it back on at night again, it wouldn't boot. I got no picture - black screen. So I shut power off, and go for a second attempt, and it booted into Windows. However, after getting into Windows, I check cpuz and my clock is back to default - 2400Mhz. So I went into BIOS and checked the settings and noticed that the cpu clock adjustment option was "Disabled", the voltage and other settings that I changed remained, and did not go back to default or auto.

So my question is - what happend? Why did my system revert back to the default clock? Do I need to give it more voltage somewhere? Is it unstable (it's only 3.0Ghz how could it be unstable)? If so, why did the stress test run for 8 hours without issues.

I attached some screens to show where it was before turning the comp off, but apparently they came out too small, how do you blow them up as you attach it?

TIA for any replies.

Attachments

• cpuz.gif
    cpuz.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 84
  • orthos.gif
    orthos.gif
    26 KB · Views: 82
either your mobo doesn't full support keeping your fsb at user selected amount or your computer just can't :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom