e6400 running way too hot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Alright so i finally got my cpu above 2.9ghz, it was weird and there is a long story to it. anyways right now im running at 1.375V @ 400fsb x 8 (3.2) but at idle my temps are around 64C/62C according to coretemp. im afraid to keep it running at this temp, at load it reaches the 80C mark. when i was running at 1.35V @ 2.9ghz temps hovered around 45-48C idle\ and 60-65C load. those temps were alright for me, but they seem a little high.. why do you think these temps stay so high? my house temp is around 70F. short of resetting the heatsink for the 3rd or 4th time i don't know what else to do because i want that extra power out of my baby.

the scythe infinity with a huge 70cfm fan on one side and a 40cfm fan on the other. seated right next to 70cfm on the back side of the case for outtake.

the Scythe Infinity is a good cooler, so thats not the problem...

um, did you mount it right? did you put new thermal paste (has it set yet)?

I would just like to take this oppurtunity to yell at anyone who has yet to post their Intel Overclocks in this Thread.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/official-intel-overclocking-thread-162488/

ThirdLeft152: Those are BAD idle temps, if they were load temps I would say your in the clear. Anyways, as already suggested you can reseat the heatsink and apply new thermal paste.

And while your current heatsink is "good", there are better, such as the TRUE.

Using MX-1, lapping both the Heatsink and Processor can decrease temps by 3-4 C. However the easiest thing to do is to lower the Room temparture, Get a better heatsink and shove a faster fan on it.

u sure its mounted correctly?

im pretty sure.

the Scythe Infinity is a good cooler, so thats not the problem...

um, did you mount it right? did you put new thermal paste (has it set yet)?

i hope i mounted it right. yes i put new thermal past every time and its been almost 4 months since i reset it the last time.

I would just like to take this oppurtunity to yell at anyone who has yet to post their Intel Overclocks in this Thread.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/official-intel-overclocking-thread-162488/

ThirdLeft152: Those are BAD idle temps, if they were load temps I would say your in the clear. Anyways, as already suggested you can reseat the heatsink and apply new thermal paste.

And while your current heatsink is "good", there are better, such as the TRUE.

Using MX-1, lapping both the Heatsink and Processor can decrease temps by 3-4 C. However the easiest thing to do is to lower the Room temparture, Get a better heatsink and shove a faster fan on it.

i understand there are better, when i bought it almost a year and a half ago it was what was suggested to me and one of the best on the market. i really can't lower the room temp anymore my dad doesn't want uncomfortable temps for himself. when i order my new parts (case, psu, vga) i'll also order some mx-2 (or mx-1 if i can find it). i'll also order some new fans for it too, any suggestions? i hear those scythe s-flex are decent...

mx-2 is the newer better stuff. and are you going to get a new hsf? if so, get the TRUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom