E6400 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah... bump... Still looking to find out how to set memory dividers since I cannot find it at all in my BIOS. Right now I am at 320x8 2.56ghz and my ram is running at 2:3 so its at 480MHz still at 1.8v suprisingly, stable but I just wanna know for the future what I need to do if I wanted it to be at 400x8 3.2ghz and 1:1 so my ram stays at 400mhz and doesnt try to go to 600mhz (lol)

You should have a setting for the dram frequency. So if you wanted to run it at 1:1 divider with your 320x8, then you would chose ddr2-640 (320x2).

As far as stress testing. I stress test my system with 2 instances of superpi 1m and 10min of orthos every 50mhz i go until i get to my goal and have reasonable temps. After i get to where i was shotting for or my temps won't allow me to go further, i will leave orthos on all night (or about 10hr) while im sleeping. I did do 18hr last time but that was because i went to work and forgot to turn off orthos :p. Some ppl like to do 24hr though hence all the 24/7 stable you see sometimes but i think 10hr is enough cause orthos puts a lot of stress on your system and prob more then you'll rarely if not ever do to your system on a regular basis.

Higach said:
So yeah... bump... Still looking to find out how to set memory dividers since I cannot find it at all in my BIOS. Right now I am at 320x8 2.56ghz and my ram is running at 2:3 so its at 480MHz still at 1.8v suprisingly, stable but I just wanna know for the future what I need to do if I wanted it to be at 400x8 3.2ghz and 1:1 so my ram stays at 400mhz and doesnt try to go to 600mhz (lol)

dude f*** it if your ram will run that speed stable, it certainly wont hurt it. especially if you haven't changed the voltage.
i've heard good things about g. skill...and if you can do that and go even higher i might have to git me some.
curious, though...what are the timings?

oh yeah, my rig is nothing like yours, but in my bios it doesn't say "fsb:dram ratio change here"
it has a section in the advanced chipset options to change the speed of the ram, ie from ddr2-800 to ddr2-667.
which with my rig:
ddr2-800 = 6, ddr2-667 = 7, ddr2-533 = 8, ddr2-400 = 9.
so, for example, to run a 1:1 multi i could change my cpu clock speed multiplier to 6 and set ram to ddr2-800 , or set cpu ext. clock to 7 to get ddr2-667. get it?
so if i run my rig at 300x9, and want a 1:1 ratio, i would have to set the ram speed to ddr2-400, and it would run at 300 mhz (same as my cpu external clock). but screw that.
ideally i would want to run 400x8 (3.2ghz yeah right) and set ram speed to ddr2-533. but my mobo says, "that aint gonna happen" it doesn't like fsb speed that high. and i don't think my cpu would either.
it's probably not the same with yours, but maybe that will give you a starting point.
it took me for frigging ever to figure that out.
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom