e6300 overclocking results

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! What HDD was it? so weak.. my W.D. takes tons of crashes per day [I mess alot with easy tune and overclocking... whenver you reach a limit or barrier it restarts] and it has no problems at all, gotta love Western Digital..

-Jo.

it was a Seagate :/

So basically my second WD 320GB drive came today. I still need the WD HD for this computer though, considering buying a third one since its so cheap and its so nice.

Will update you guys on OC results. From experience with the last OC, I think I''m gonna start with 300 BIOS OC and tweak all the way up to 400FSB which with be 2.8GHZ, I'll be happy with that on stock cooling.

On second thought, I'm going to do all OCing in BIOS, I don't wnat to risk another harddrive dieing from crashing.

The harddrive is perfectly fine, the filesystem is bad. A low level format should fix it.

Didn't read your second to last post RockyZ, so nevermind. :p

Yoad said:
hey idiotec, what do you think of these ram sticks: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145034

Will they do to reach and pass the 400FSB+ with an E6400 and a DS4??

-Jo.
I am sure they will do fine, but I don't have any experience with them myself. Most likely though, you will hit a FSB cap before you will max out the RAM, so I am sure they will keep up.

You may want to look at the GSkill HZ's, I know people are having really god success with them, and they were going for a little cheaper than those Corsair's, although I don't see them on Newegg any more.

lol :X I Already got those RAM, look in my other thread I got in this section........... just wondering as i've heard they reach a maximum speed of 1300MHz at T2 5CAS. which is not bad IMO.

-Jo.

Yoad said:
lol :X I Already got those RAM, look in my other thread I got in this section........... just wondering as i've heard they reach a maximum speed of 1300MHz at T2 5CAS. which is not bad IMO.

-Jo.
Yeah, I just saw that thread :p

Yeah, those aren't bad results at all :D

Alright got a problem The board won't go past 320FSB. I raised the FSB voltage but it just won't. Once at or past aroun 345, the computer will crash at Super Pi. Now easy tune wont even start.

I tried doing tweaks in the BIOS but the computer just resets the CPU speed everytime. I think I read something in that thread you posted, I'll go read it again and find out how to fix this.

Have you flashed with the new BIOS yet? Make sure you do that first. If you are going to flash with @BIOS, do it at stock speeds, NOT OC'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom