e6300 overclocking results

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
This is with stock e6300, all stock voltage, stock cooling(didn't even replace the stock thermal paste.)

The board use is: Gigabye 965 DS3

Memory: G.Skill 2GB 4-4-4-15

Memory Multiplier: 2x

Super Pi results(1 million digits):

@1.8GHZ ???
@2.0GHZ 27 seconds
@2.2GHZ 25 seconds
@2.4GHZ ???
@2.6GHZ ???
@2.8GHZ ???
@3.0GHZ WTFBBQZ???

will keep you guys updated, after I get settings right, I'll go out for tennis and leave the computer on for priming, after priming is completed, I will post official results for a stable setup. Thanks for looking!

Heres a tip, overclock in bios to a certain point and then go higher using "EasyTune5"....

-Jo.

yah that sounds right, i'm having problems with easy tunes. It's getting usntable at around 2.4, and this shouldn't be happening :/

look I even reached 4000MHz on my crappy P4 3.0ghz stock prescott, but first i did a 300mhz oc in bios..

-Jo

crap, whenever windows try to start up, I get this blue screen with some error and by ntfs.sys. So I'm assuming the HD got corrupted form a improper shutdown I did when the comp crashed while doing easy tune?

naw man, I ran memtest for 10-12 hours straight before I didn any overclocking to make sure all my equipment is good.

Its a file corruption for sure.

when you restart windows does it ask you to do a scan??? if it does,let it do it, because it found a couple of corrupt files and fixed them for it, then i went back to oc'in

2.8Ghz is about the minimum people are getting, so I wouldn't be too hesitant in raising the FSB is rather large (maybe 25Mhz) chunks up to 400FSB.

It may take a slight vcore adjustment to be prime stable at that point, max 1.4 I would think.

Are those the HZ Gskill sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom