e6300 overclock temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
ive just downloaded pc wizard 2006 and am planning on overclocking my e6300 and i just wondered what resnable core temps are becuase currently mine are 58 and 59 degrees celcius at 100% load, while the "cpu" temp is only 26 dgrees celcius

i got bored so i took a saw to the front of a cr*ppy old atx case and replaced it with 3 12cm fans, it has 3 slot fans 1 8cm exaust fan and two 8cm psu fans

hmm...i don't see how that could be right...i have a slightly different processor (E6400) and my temps idle before OCing were around 30 and 40 at load.

i have 2 120mm fans and a 250mm intake fan so i probably have you beat on cooling too so i really don't see how your temps could be so much lower.

I'd say if you want to know what you idle temps are then go into BIOS and look there. most motherboards have a temp monitoring dealio in BIOS so that'd probably have it in there and it should be more accurate than about anything else you could use.

hmm my bios says the same temp, my average room temp is no higher than 20 degrees celcius but it is usually around 14

i have oc'ed by 200mhz and the temp under full load is around 34-37 degrees i think ill leave it at that for now because the core temps are getting higher than 70 degrees

its NOT incorrect.... these CPU's run seriously cool. mine is the same at stick with a stock heatsink on (e6600). I put a sonic tower on it and its currently at 3.3 ghz idle at 26 degrees. - But you have to use very little mounting/thermal paste.... its a real world of difference. Just a tiny thin layer... not like the ammount on the stock heat sink... which if you ask me is far too much. Dont get a sonic tower tho.. whilst the cooling in great... the attachement is a total joke... and you will risk breaking your board (775). --- I used a long wooden stick and a TINY screwdriver i got in a cracker last year.... its a total **** up. --- If you dont believe me plz try it. I did it... but never again. Max - Msci Geology

yea i think that installing the stock hsf is a joke too when i went to put it in it took me bout half an hour and i nearly broke my $400 mb, turns out that the little things you got to push down had turned around during shipping or sumthing and they were in the wrong position!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom