E6300 / Gigabyte DS3 overclocking (with pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisaKaBiggie

Solid State Member
My old ds3 died and I just got a new one (the quad core edition) and its working fine. Anyways, I overclocked the e6300 to 2.8 ghz and when I run 3dmark05 it crashes on the 3rd or 4th test.

Anyways, from the picture, do this settings look good/safe? I want to be safe more than anything, but I'd like to keep it fast. I idle at around 37c and load around 50 (big typhoon)

untitledgo5.jpg

Also, my ram timing are horrible. 5-5-6-18. In the bios, am I able to make my ram faster? (G skill pc5400 667 2x1gb with heatsinks)

I'd like to get up to 3.0ghz stable, but I don't want to risk ruining the motherboard, any help will be appreciated.

As of now : 464 fsb, 1856mhz bus speed, 2.8ghz.

that is an extremely nice oc. i wish my board could hit 486 fsb lol. i might be picking me up one of those ds3's lol...

yeah, congrats...and for the record, I've read that the Core 2 Duo's don't really take advantage of the lower latencies...Can't remember where I read it tho :S. Just something you might want to know. I got my E6400 up to 3.8Ghz and it was running fine on just fans but I didn't feel it was necessary (roughly same temps as you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom