e4300 Allendale OC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
So i've been searching the internets with the google and it seems like this is the deal:
the e4300 has a lower fsb so u can overclock it as high as an e6400 using slower ram.
i.e. to achieve the same (high) clock speed, the e4300 can use ddr2 800mhz and the e6400 has to use ddr2 1000mhz

so if i get a e4300 w/ ddr2 1000, will i be able to overclock higher than the e6400 with the same ram? it seems logical but the intertubes did not cover it...

dont even bother with the allendale. i put it in a test rig with a DS3 mobo cuz i got the chip for free through this company so i bought that board to put it in, not to say i wasnt impressed with that board either.

but yeah the allendale overclocks nice but....it still sucks at the higher clock so theres no point.

kinda like saying i have a 600 hp car but it tops out at 80 mph which is what the allendale is for me. it overclocks nice and you get a nice pretty number in cpu-z but you dont get the proformace of the other core 2's. even at 3.0ghz. the 6000 series of core 2s that ive used all did better then with a slight overclock then the 4300 at a major overclock. i dont see the rave with it.

i dont know about all of that, king.

Nosboost, the Allendale can potentially be overclocked way higher because it has a lower fsb at stock speeds. i've seen benchmarks where they oc a e6300 and a e4300 to 3.5 and 3.47 respectively w/ ddr2 1066 and ddr2 900 ram. The performed closely to one another, the e6300 doing slightly better in most benchmarks (im guessing because of the extra memory bandwidth), but it sounded like the e4300 could go higher if they would have used to ddr2 1066 ram, but they didnt do it :(. Theres the benchmark: http://www.techspot.com/review/40-core2-e4300-vs-e6300-overclocking/page2.html

you may not know about all that, but all you did was read benchmarks i have the chip. but whatever you guys never want to listen to people with experience, only web articles and benchmarks and arent common.

i dont really get your analogy of a 600hp car that can only go 80mph... would you care to expand?

also, it might have been your ds3 mobo holding you back. the reviews use a 965 and i plan on using a 975 which i understand oc better than the ds3's

id be more then happy to explain, and to add ive also put it in my abit aw9d-max with is a 975, it proformed a little better but nothing to notable.

my analogy is basily you have the e4300 running at 3.0ghz but it doesnt run as good as my other chips running at 2.6 and 2.7. put my other chips at 3.0 and the benchmarks and real performance blow the e4300 out of the water. for 10 bucks more or so you can get a 6300 put it at the same 3.0 and it performs just as good if not better in some cases. and for a 10 dollar difference i dont see why the e4300 is even out. i dont know if the 4300 is going to be getting the 4m cache but when the e6300 get it there will be no contest or even a point for the e4300 since the price difference isnt worth it.

so basicly meaning a 600hp car should go a **** of a lot faster then 80mph, just like i feel a 3.0 core2duo should go a **** of a lot faster then the allendale does.

sorry for coming off the way i did, but every reads paper and believes it, and then when someone who has something and tested it yata yata yata and trys to explain how it can be a different senario people always dismiss it to something they read on the internet and well anybody can make anything up on the internet.

but thats experience with the e4300, i wouldnt buy thats just me. i expect more from the core2 line and the other chips deliver it better then that.

word, i just heard that the e4300 was supposed to be like the c2d version of amd's opterons (in that they are more overclockable). i guess not :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom