E2140 Temps sooooo high?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcovalt

In Runtime
I use to get very low temps on my processor (40C-50C) and that was at 2.5 GHz. Now if I OC it to 2.5 GHz I get past 70C :eek:

The only thing I've done recently is put some MX-2 (rice grain-pea size shape on center of processor and pressed heatsink on) and upgraded mobo bios (GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L). What would cause this temp rise? I have the voltage control set to auto in the BIOS. Could this be the cause?

CPU-Z
Untitled.jpg

I turned off auto and that lowered the temps about ten degrees, but still, it is hot. I could check the heatsink, but i thought I seated it well. Though it is a pain to do so I might have done it wrong. If it isn't seated wouldn't the temps just soar an the comp would shut off?

not necessarily it just might be a slight bit off the heatsink, just push down on it and make sure the pushpins are in correctly if you have a pushpin HSF

Yay! Fixed it. I didn't apply the thermal compound correctly. I've got a Xigmatek HS with the direct heat pipe thing and I found out that if you put a rice grain size on each pipe it can make a *huge* difference. Now I'm idling at 25 celsius and 32 celsius a full load! :D

Congrats. How far do you think you can push that E2140? It should be able to hit like 2.8ghz, at least able stand like a 1ghz overclock.

Actually you should be able to break 3ghz with a decent motherboard, good ram and a good cooler. Puddle Jumper hit 3.3ghz on an e2180, but he has a p35, an AC freezer 7 pro and XMS2.

Stupid mobo of mine won't let me past like 2.6 ghz :mad:

I should've been able to go very high now that my temps are undercontrol, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom