uneeb83

In Runtime
So heres my NEW NEW Rig:

9500 GT (Im not a gamer):tongue:
CM 690
i7 920 DO
DX58SO BIOS 1217
corshair 1600MHZ XMS 3 DDR3 SD-RAM 2x3Gig=6GB

the first board I got had some BIOS issues and rebooted time and again....tried to update the BIOS and got stick with a dead board...RMA'd it and got this working copy of a DX58SO copuled up with I7 DO

Im not an overclocker by nature but I have this problem.....I paied a lot of money for the RAM and want it to run at 1600 MHz but when I go into BIOS it says 1067 MHz...thats frustrating:angry:...HOW DO I CHANGE IT??

Also my i7 920 @ 2.66 Stock cooler runs at 40 degrees Idle and 82 on full load that is prime 95:crazy:....IS THAT evn close to normal??......
IF not then should I get a cooler master V8 heatsink??:yum:

Ok I some how managed to get into the memmory overclock of t5he board...I couldnt understand a think in it....But I did see these two things....memmory Multiplyer----set at 10.........and UCLK multiplyer---- set at 20

I dun know what that means but what should I do next??

and what about those CPU temps??
I did try turning on all fans at their full...now Im getting 36-37 C at Idle and about 75-77 C at Max

Ok, if you're running at stock you're gonna want to set the RAM multi to 12 (133x12=~1600). Leave the UCLK at auto.

And I would say those temps are normal for stock cooling but idk.

hmmm...if that formula is correct then my RAM should be running at 10x133.3=1333Mhz...but its running at 1066.....anyway....whould I void the warrenty of any part by OCing the RAM to 1600 MHz???
Nubbleet.....Could u clarify the formula...i dun wanna run into any trouble......also how many case fans have u installed in your CM690 and what cooler are u using??

It won't void it at all. It's meant to run at 1600MHz, but it won't unless you set it to. You might also have to manually set the voltage to 1.65V when you set the RAM to 1600. Also make sure to correct the timings to what they are rated at. Set the ratio to 12 and see what it runs at.

I didn't install any extra fans in my case and I'm using a Prolimatech Megahalems. It's a great heatsink. I would recommend it along with the TRUE 120 for high end heatsinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom