Dummy overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYbadboy911

In Runtime
soo yestorday i got the dark knight cpu cooler installed it and temps went down to 21.
i went into bios and my evga mobo got a dummy oc option i enabled it and it overclocked automaticly to 3.19Ghz the temps went up to 27 idle. do u guys think i can hit 3.8ghz-4.ghz saftly?
IMG00018.jpg

yeah the real test comes when it's under load, as patonb said load up prim95 or hyper-pi and let it run and watch the temps. If it gets to high or is unstable you will know

Prime would be a better idea than Hyper PI, just let it run for a while to see how stable it is, as well as what your temps are. You should be able to hit higher.

Yep 1 hour of prime and you are looking good. Usually if you are unstable in prime it will fail within 10 to 15 minutes.

You are going about it the right way. Start slow and work your way up.

Once you are stable bump up 5mhz at a time and test with prime for stability. Once you fail prime time for a little more voltage always keeping an eye on your temps under load.

60C is definitely safe. Always a good number to stay under.

The i7 can take a bit more heat than a quad core with one core disabled due to manufacturing defects.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom