Dumbest Mod you've made to get your pc to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stole a bunch of those "science class" resistors and put them in parallel to slow down my fans. It melted the tape I used to cover the wires and almost caught fire, so I had to put it in front of the front fan.... I'm getting 120mm's and a fan controller next week.

I also yanked/cut all the wires that went to the front of my pc because i never used anything but the power/reset. Who needs a firewire on the front of their pc when they have 1 on the back? I also don't need a total of 8 USBs, no thanks lol.

lol. I'm a simple person. I throw out or sell what I don't really use. I miiiight have OCD, in the fact that if I don't use it..or its of little value, I have to get rid of the darn thing lol.

really? i use almost all of mine. three of four in back are for keyboard, mouse, and printer.
the front two of my case i connect i pods, mp3 players, flash drives, etc.
thats only six lol, but i use them.

My case is practically stripped of all extras. Here is what remains:

psu/mobo/cpu/ram/hsf/GTS/audigy 4/hdd/dvd-r/4 fans/power and reset switch.
No usb/ieee/mic in/headphone out/etc on the front of the case anymore.

I also tucked away all the extra PSU cables above my dvd-r. I need to post some pics of my crazy wire management.

I snipped out the fan grills on my 2 front 80mm's last night. "WOOOSH!!!" lol. Can't wait to get my 120mm's and a fan controller. I tried to use a variable resistor (headphone jack volume control) as a fan controller last night but it ended up smoking and catching fire. That was a pretty dumb mod for sure.

My PC is humming along at full voltage on the fans for now.

I don't really do gheto mods:

I stuck my laptop back together with superglue due to the screws falling out because I had taken it apart so many times. I think it only has 2 case screws left now one holding the hdd in and another holding the cover over the ram compartment.

I graffitied my laptop because I got bored in art look awesome when I did it but now the ink is starting to fade........
26062007021.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I took a ciggarette lighter from a car and converted into usb powered it worked but took about 30 mins to warm up

I photocopied my **** and printed it out in A3 and stuck it to the white panel of photocopying machines at a store with superglue so there sample pieces got copied but as a watermark you could see the vague image of the **** due to the photocopier seeing through the sample piece of paper. hours of amusement because no-one ever xpected it to be to do with the backing of the photocopier they just thought theere was something wrong with all there samples

thankyou I am very proud of it lol I don't care I want a new one it is 4 years old now but still runs at acceptable levels for school and with my desktop and server I don't actually use it as a main pc it runs for around 4 hours though and if you really power it down to minimal processes and screen at its lowest setting and wireless off it has lasted upto 5 which means I don't have to charge it if I have a hole morning of lessons/lectures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom