Dumb OC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all my new ram gets here tomorrow (not the crap in my sig good 2 gigs (2x1gb) OCZ platinum stuff, and I just wanted some oppinions on the best way to get the highest possible OC. I havn't OCed in a little while now and wanted to make sure im not forgetting anything.

Yes I have read the stickies thank you very much :p

To find how high your CPU can go is it best to just set a 1:2 mem divider and raise the HTT as high as you can go in small incriments? How does that compare with lowering your multi down from 11 to 10 and raising the HTT even higher?

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can expect from this new ram or suggested timings if im OCing?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227210

Any and all other suggestions of things to try pls let me know. I am afraid I won't be able to push my CPU as high as I would like because I am broke and haven't been able to purchase my Big Typhoon yet so I am still on stock cooling. I want to try to get around 3ghz out of this system if at all possible but I do realize OCing is a luck game. Thanx in advance for any suggestions! OCing here I come !@! :D

Edit: I will hopefully get my Big Typhoon within the next month. :confused:

the key element of overclocking hasn't changed: trial and error. to find out how far you can push things just try different combinations. OCZ platinum should be able to overclock a **** of a lot. as long as you supply it voltage appropriate to the speed it is running at it should go a fair way without loosening the timings at all. now for something i've been mentioning to all E revision core overclockers: careful of the difference between 1/2 vdimm and vcore. i think any larger than about 0.3-0.5v difference and you can destroy the memory controller http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79509
it most likely will not be a problem at all but i am just warning you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom