Dumb modding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I'm highly considering purchasing this case with 5 of these fans. When I purchase those fans, do I need to get anything to mount the fans with, or will they somehow screw directly into the case? I apologize for the n00b question, this is my first attempt at any sort of modding.

That's what I was asking. Are there screwholes around the fan holes in the case, or will I have to put some in myself? Basically, will the fan screw directly onto the case with screws, or will I need to get something to mount the fan with?

yea since the case will hold 5 fans that means when you open the case to put the fanes in you will see that they do indeed screw in without any modifications to the cas.e

Good choice on the case. I was gonna get it but everywhere I went was sold out.

That's what I was asking. Are there screwholes around the fan holes in the case, or will I have to put some in myself? Basically, will the fan screw directly onto the case with screws, or will I need to get something to mount the fan with?
stop and think about it for 2 seconds dude....the fans already come in the case and it's not like magic just holds them up....how else do you think they are already mounted

Nubius said:
stop and think about it for 2 seconds dude....the fans already come in the case and it's not like magic just holds them up....how else do you think they are already mounted

What? First of all, the fans DON'T come in the case, they have to be purchased separately. Stop and think about this for 2 seconds dude, if fans are purchased separately, how could they already come mounted in the case? Do you think that magic puts them there? I hope you see the sarcastic irony in my last two statements.

P.P. Mguire and Nissanspecv04, thanks for the helpful replies, I appreciate them. Nubius, trying reading what does and does not come with the product before putting up a sarcastic reply, it makes you look like an idiot.

i think that would look cool but again its not really case modding. case MODDING is stuff like cutting holes in ur case for watter cooling or glueing neon lights to the inside of ur case

Fan hole diameter 80mm (1 in back, 1 in front , 1 in top and 2 on side panel)

It already comes with fan holes is the main thing to be seen here....you think they'd cut the holes but give you no way to mount it? Regardless of whether the fans actually come or not, it'd be pretty stupid for a manufacturer to simply put fan holes in there and expect you to 'mod' your own way to mount them don't you think....I still stand by my original statement

Nubius said:
Fan hole diameter 80mm (1 in back, 1 in front , 1 in top and 2 on side panel)

It already comes with fan holes is the main thing to be seen here....you think they'd cut the holes but give you no way to mount it? Regardless of whether the fans actually come or not, it'd be pretty stupid for a manufacturer to simply put fan holes in there and expect you to 'mod' your own way to mount them don't you think....I still stand by my original statement

You're continuing to stand by this:

"the fans already come in the case and it's not like magic just holds them up....how else do you think they are already mounted"

statement, despite the fact that fans DO NOT come with the case? Good call.

My question was whether or not I needed to buy any extra brackets or anything to mount the fans because I've never done something like this before. Good grief man, heaven forbid someone ask a question. Even if you think my question is completely absurd, what is the need to post a useless, sarcastic (and by the way COMPLETELY wrong) comment? Why not just move onto another thread and not waste your time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom