Dual Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBestEver

In Runtime
I play BF2 alot and other games like this and was wondering if I should get the athlon 64 4800 x2 or the fx-57? Or will there be even better dual core athlon chips next year that I should save my money for? A combination of a dual core and fx chip would be awesome AMD amd would try as well.

On another note, I have a Diamond Viper x800gto and was wondering if someone could show me a site that tells me how to unlock the extra pipelines (if possible).

Search.

Games are not programmed yet to utilize the 2 cores. If you get a dual core, the game will actually run on 1. FEAR is the only game out right now that utilizes both. However, the dual will be great for multitasking.

I love my dual core while playing BF2, i can minimize so fast, and do something and then reopen BF2 and bam im still playing lol.

I would go with dual core right now. Defintely go with the X2 4400+ and OC it to 4800+ speeds without spending 800 dollars :eek:

PZEROFGH said:
I love my dual core while playing BF2, i can minimize so fast, and do something and then reopen BF2 and bam im still playing lol.

I would go with dual core right now. Defintely go with the X2 4400+ and OC it to 4800+ speeds without spending 800 dollars :eek:

exactly what i would do.. but the X2 4400+ is such a great chip i see no need to over clock it 200mhz to the X2 4800speed... yet.

The Fx-57 would perform better in %95 of all games out ATM but over the next year or so we will see the release of games that utilise the second core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom