dual channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gl\l0m!$h

In Runtime
hey i have a mobo that im gonna get sumtime and it takes ddr400 and supports dual channel but my question is this, how much of a gain do you get when u run memory in dual channel? cuz i have this sweet looking memory picked out and its right in my price range, but its not dual channel and if dual channel isnt that much of an increase id rather jus get it rather than fork over more cash for dc memory.

Mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-139-139&depa=0

Memory:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-523&depa=1

thnx

EDIT: is it really platinum cuz thats awsome if it is....

ummm i can't see the links...it comes up blank but that may be my problem...any one help me?(sorry for takin this but is it alright? if not i'll edit it out, i don't wanna jack your thread but i wanna see what you picked out :p)

That Memory u got is a dual channel kit! A dual channel kit includes 2 modules of the same size. Also with ur mobo u can have a 1gb stick in each slot for a total of 2gb on each channel and 4gb all together.

That Memory u got is a dual channel kit! A dual channel kit includes 2 modules of the same size.

No. Im not a memory expert but I believe dual channel is DDR (?) memory. What the dual channel is refering to are the search points within the memory module. In standard memory when you need to pull up something stored in RAM your computer started at the beginning and goes till it fines what its looking for. In dual channel it starts at the beginning and at the middle.

DDR stands for "dual data rate" which is completely different from dual channel. Even a non-dual channel board uses DDR memory

I got 2 modules of Kingston Value Ram of 128mb each and run them in dual channel on my board. I have 128mb on each channel.

I was alwasy under the assumption that dual data rate and dual channel were one in the same, like I said im not a memory expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom