Driver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxar

Baseband Member
I posted this in the Windows forum as well, hopefully I won't get in too much trouble. Just seems like this forum gets alot more traffic.

I've been trying to build my own computer over the past couple days. I've got it all done, and everything works fine except for one thing. I have a wireless network PCI adapter, the GN-WPEAG from Giga-byte. You can find it here:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Communicat...ss_GN-WPEAG.htm

The problem at first was that it was, for no apparent reason, detecting it about 7 times. Its PCI slot was listed 7 times in the 'other devices' section of Device Manager as a "Network Controller". Having exhausted all my other options, I forced it the drivers to be installed on one of these Network Controllers. It then listed the card under the Network Controllers tab of Device Manager, but it was still unusable because of a Resource Overflow. After working on it awhile longer, I decided there was no hope and maybe the PCI slot was messed up.

So I moved it to another slot. Therein lies my current problem. Before I moved it to the other slot, I think I forgot to uninstall the drivers. I don't know if that would lead to major problems, but after I moved the card XP wouldn't even boot up. So I reinstalled XP. Now the card is correctly detected in XP(no 7 Network Controller cards), but every time I try to install the drivers for it, it locks up the computer half way through the install and restarts it!

When I go into Device Manager it says that the drivers are installed but the card is disabled because 'the drivers may be corrupt or not installed'. This is Error Code 39. I'm at a loss.
Can anybody help me?

I'm using XP on a MSI K8N-Neo4 Platinum motherboard with an amd 4000+ processor, if that matters.

Thanks,
Luxar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom