Dont Raise Your Voltage - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2005, 05:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

yeah, 3GHz is possibly, but beyond that I've only been seeing reached with phase change, and even with ice you wont be getting Sub-zero temps like they needed for 3.1GHz+ will be mighty nice to see if you do though

I also set my goal at 2.8GHz for a 3200+...I'd really like more, but hell coming from a 2.5GHz XP-M to 2.8GHz AMD64 with loads more memory bandwidth will be sufficient

Old 05-23-2005, 06:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

Originally posted by Nubius
had though of making a small little acrylic incased box...that has barbs on each end...and in the middle of this was a piece of copper basically you connect your line up to it and whenever you want, throw ice in this little acrylic box which will cool down the copper pipe and cool the water down as well.....crushed ice would probably work best, but it more than likely wouldn't be as effective as simply putting the heatercore in ice
I thought of doing the same thing. Except have the caplilary tubing all in the bottom of the resevoir in a coil (similar to the one that would be on the back of a fridge) and using that to keep it cold. Or just solder some copper tubing onto the evaporator, and having those chilling (no pun intended) in the resevoir. Or simply have a resevoir with the cap tubing running through it, killing two birds with one stone. Sounded like a good idea to me. When i worked at staples, they had this little mini fridge that was like $30 and just bigenough to hold maybe a 6 pack. That would be perfect for a water chilled system. In that your not looking for sub temps, just cold temps. I think I'm going to try that out.

Closed Thread