Does painting a case require some type of special skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
So I got my alienware case right? its a big scratched and the color is 5 years old, so I am thinking a spray paint would do great.

Is this really that hard? or than just get a spray paint and start spraying it all over?

Or also, I am thinking to take it to a car shop and maybe let them do it, or maybe a tatoo guy, but my guess is that, that would come out too expensive.

You cant just spray paint over the case.

It needs to be stripped of the old paint first, and you need a smooth surface for
the paint to stick.

And dont even think about taking it to a body shop as it will cost more than you paid for the case with shipping, and the case sucks anyways it wouldint even be worth it to paint...youve pretty much thrown away your money with the case, just stop now.

All this money that youve spent, you could have gotten a Lian-Li
or a Silverstone Temjin.

you can't say that he wasted money on the case... its a unique design you can't find anywhere... unless you pay incredible amounts

painting is hard work if you want it to look nice and last

you don't have to actually remove all the paint, you can merely just scruff it up with some scotchbrite pads and then use multiple layers of self etching primer, and then you can finish up with multiple layers of the paint you like.

after that if you want it to shine, use clear coats.

if you want it to shine even more, then you can go into fine grit wet sanding and polishing/buffing/waxing

Well, this case looks indestructible. So if this lasted already 5 years and preety sure it will last more. I am already getting new leds and everything so old stuff is coming out to have a new alienware case.

Just one thing which worries me, is everything in any case replaceable? I am worried if the power switch some day burns out or just stops working what can I do? I don't see any alienware patented power switch so it should be an easy fix, but the diameter, and everything, worries me. Has anyone even gotten their power switch broken?

The only reason why I am keeping this is because its an alienware case lol. No matter how bad alienware is(I need a case for my permanent main computer anyways), they always get good reviews because its expensive, and people who pay alot for something show it off and makes it popular :D

Note: I live in mexico, so labor work might be cheaper, so If in USA they prob charge around 300 for a whole car, I don't think it should be that much for a case, and specially in mexico.)
and I would still get better quality labor in mexico.

But not even sure if I will really like my case painted, so I guess it will all depends if I can get it painted with less than 50 bucks.

you can't say that he wasted money on the case... its a unique design you can't find anywhere... unless you pay incredible amounts

Yeah i can, everyone else agrees:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/dont-buy-alienware-cases-181230/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/where-can-i-find-alienware-cases-179433/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/cases-locks-whats-purpose-181459/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/alienware-face-lighting-modding-possible-181505/

Well, this case looks indestructible. So if this lasted already 5 years and preety sure it will last more. I am already getting new leds and everything so old stuff is coming out to have a new alienware case.

You made a thread saying the case looks/feels cheap, and now you say its indestructible??

Personally, i feel you are just spamming up the forum with multiple threads about your plastic overpriced Alienware case, that needs new paint and a special psu and its missing an led for the front.

You could have made one single thread, and addressed all the problems in there but you continue to make thread after thread.

The case is messed up, we already told you to just get rid of it and leave it alone.

Just so you know, I was mostly refering to cheap plastic, the case itself its well aluminum, which I dont think there is such thing as bad aluminum.

And yes, the case is bad, But I can't return it unless I want to lose money, or even sell it for I dont want to cheat the person who I sell it too.

Only choice I got is to use it for my permanent personal desktop, which works great since I dont move the case at all(And I need one anyways). So either I try to spend a few bucks fixing some stuff, or plain waste the money I spent on the case, and throw it away, which I won't.

And if you can read, I said " It looks undestructable." IT looks! its not a fact......

And only two thread main purpose was to talk about the case, all the others, they just got connected but weren't intended.

I have a strong feeling you got something against me, You don't have to read my threads. (and you never even give a clear answer, you just practically mock me, Unless I am confusing you, if so I am sorry.)

Just so you know, I was mostly refering to cheap plastic, the case itself its well aluminum, which I dont think there is such thing as bad aluminum.

And yes, the case is bad, But I can't return it unless I want to lose money, or even sell it for I dont want to cheat the person who I sell it too.

Only choice I got is to use it for my permanent personal desktop, which works great since I dont move the case at all(And I need one anyways). So either I try to spend a few bucks fixing some stuff, or plain waste the money I spent on the case, and throw it away, which I won't.

And if you can read, I said " It looks undestructable." IT looks! its not a fact......

And only two thread main purpose was to talk about the case, all the others, they just got connected but weren't intended.

I have a strong feeling you got something against me, You don't have to read my threads. (and you never even give a clear answer, you just practically mock me, Unless I am confusing you, if so I am sorry.)

The case is steel, not aluminum.

You can also choose to just **** it, and move on, instead of beating a dead horse.

I suppose I do have something against you, you ask for advice then choose to ignore it, and then when you have problems, you blame us.

Take responsibility for your mistakes, and move on.

K lissen as I said before, I only did not lissen once, and I told you guys why. Its because non of you actually experienced an alienware case before!

This is a loop between you guys. I already accepted my mistake its you guys that keep bringing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom