does anyone have an athlon X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
are the X2 series such as the 4200+ or 4800+ any good for overclocking? like what would be a safe OC frequency with a 2.4ghz originally, and not need additional cooling devices.

It depends on the CPU, but the X2 range isn't a great overclocker. It should hit 2.7ghz, but you can't say you will be able to go to *.** speed, you have to slowly push it up until it isn't stable/too hot and back off.

Don't get an X2. Get an Opteron 165 Denmark. They're much better at overclocking on near stock voltages and stock cooling. If you have to get an X2 get either a 3800 or a 4400. Reason being, the 3800 and the 4200 both have a 512K cache and are pretty much identical, the only difference is the X24200 is 200MHz faster, nothing that can't be made up with a simple overclock. The 4400 is 200MHz faster than the 3800 aswell but each core has a 1MB cache.

The opterons and the x2 3800+ are good overclockers. If you are overclocking I recomend a DFI, ASUS, or MSI motherboard. I have a Gigabyte and is doing me fine tho.

What are you takling about reggie?

I have a ASUS A8N-SLi deluxe thats working extremely well that i've almot gotten a 700MHZ(not stable) OC on. It's a great mobo.

If their was any mobo I would warn anyone about is the Gigabyte K8N Trition. I've gone thru two **** ones.

And Trifid the X2 series ARE good OCers. But not as good as the opetrons.

I've had really bad experiences with AMD & ASUS. DFI's are the best for overclocking, next in line is the MSI K8n Neo4's.

EDIT: It;s just my personla opinion though. If you want go and buy it.

reggie_da_man said:
Don't get an ASUS board with AMD.

You may be able to beat me at cpumark2.1 but reggie this is going past the line! My A8R32 MVP Crossfire(!!!) Deluxe is awesome. I havent had a single problem with it. This is also known as the best overclocking board out at the moment (so they say).

Dont dis ASUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom