Does a amd 3000 match a 3.2 P4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoW the 3000 is really close to the intel 3.2. This affects my decision alot. It seemed like in benchmarks (I don't really care about them) they have a difference but in games they don't. Plus, if i get a 3000 then i can either save that money or spend it on some accesories.

Not evey one is into over clocking and wants to take the risks, or spend the time. I orginaly suggested to the op to go with the 300+ and oc it to 3200+ speeds, something which isnt as crazy as some of the other tf members do. And it sounds like he is leaning twords the AMD line, so to suggest intel isnt very helpful.

ShoobieRat said:
No, but the AMD 3200 does.

The AMD naming convention was to help people compare their chips to P4's, since AMD and Pentiums don't really compare at all. They're completely different kinds of chips.

A 3200 is comparable to a 3.2 P4
A 3000 is comparable to a 3.0 P4

and so on and so forth...

Not quite.............. The AMD model numbers have no relation to pentium cpu's.

no offense but intel cpus are overall better, but if your gonna use it for gaming 90% of the time then go with amd and try go for a amd with a winchestor core

The 3000 is better then the Intel 3.0ghz at gaming. But for the 3.2 normal edition, maybe so, maybe not. aznboi88, Intels are not overall better. They both are good, and both exceed in certain areas the other does not.

Also, Intels are more expensive. Witch is a bad thing. The FX-55 cost 880$. Its AMD best desktop processor. The Intel 3.46 EE, cost over a grand. Then you have the 3.73 EE, dont even know that things price. Witch that processor is not good to begain with. Over all i consider the 3.46 EE to be the best Intel processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom