Do they make case fans that can put on the bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester070993

In Runtime
I'm talking about specially fans that are made to be put on the bottom of the case to push air up with no vents under them. Do they?

i assume you could just lay one down, however that would prolly make some noise so if you make something to secure it then i guess any fan would work.

Yeah I was thinking about that, but I mean something that come with like the cooler master cosmos s, where that fan is mounted their in something. But I'm not getting the cosmos s.

Unfortunately one site that carries specialty fans is down for maintainance at the moment. Case-Mod.com - Case Mods, Cases, Power Supplies, and Cooling for Home Theater and Gaming Systems

Antec has a rather different approach with one of their specialty fans simply being secured to one of the lower board mounts while being directional seen at Antec

With most pc fans found they are generally mounted where there is a preformed opening on the front, rear, side cover, or top of any case. But that would be simply custom mounting a typical case fan without any opening or vents seen below it.

So you don't want to use a standard fan?

I've mounted a few on the bottom of the case...if there is good clearance underneath.

Usually just a hole saw, drill, standard 120mm fan, a few screws/rubber washers. But I've never really looked for fan designed specifically for the bottom of the case.

For what you want and what is available I haven't run across any box type fans seeing vents on the sides of the box you would mount at the bottom of the case. That type would raise the fan blades up away from being pressed right down close with a typica case fan.

Most pci slot fans aren't worth the match to toss them into a fireplace. If you are looking to cool hard drives or the bottom of the board more you may want to look for another case with better air flow.

What are you trying to see cooler by adding a fan at the bottom of the case? That would give a better idea for other options. hard drives, memory, video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom