Do I have a temperature problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

In Runtime
Hi, I built my computer over spring break and I'm concerned about the temp readings asus probe is giving me.

cpu: Intel P4 2.8E
mobo: asus p4p800

At idle the temps are about
cpu: 41C (105F)
mobo: 31C (87F)

When I'm doing something like playing Starcraft, the temps are about
cpu: 53C (127F)
mobo: 33C (91F)

bios gives me around
44C
28C

I'm not sure if the cpu fan is fully in because 2 side levers can be moved a little bit. Asus probe is saying that the cpu fan is moving at
2360 - 2596
sadly my case fan is more stable than that(2576) :confused:

im gonna say u have a slight problem. My idle used to be around like 95F and when i played a game it would get up to like 115-120F. But since i got this water cooling, now it idles at 75.

starcraft??? that cant do too much to your temps it doesnt have very good graphics or anything that needs alot of processing power.

thats very wierd.

i just got starcraft tonight for $8.00 at media play, coincedense

53 is a teeny-bit higher than you might want, but I wouldn't worry about it, as long as that is the absolute highest it goes.
You can always buy an aftermarket heatsink/fan which should solver your problem.
Even if you don't, try sanding the heatsink for more contact with the CPU, and apply some Arctic Silver 5.

Arctic Silver Application Instructions

well it actually went up to 55 playing sc :)
i'll look into getting a new fan after i get new case fans
they are kind of weak for a 2.8ghz machine (one doesnt even work)
ill going to try a thermaltake smart casefan 2 first cause it could be just an air circulation problem

o ok i just saw what u said about it not being in all the way... I had that problem. What u do is, leave the computer running, try and push it in on the sides and see if the temp goes down on the temp gauge. If it does then there u go. If somthing broke on it or somthing, use zip ties to hold it down. Thats what i did.

uh anything bellow 60 is perfect. A core melts at 85 and has a shut down thing at 75 where it shuts down. Micro says up to 65 is good where i say anything above 60 is very bad but 53 is very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom