Disabling Speed Stepping

Vcore shouldn't bounce that high, it will go up/down, but it shouldn't be going from 0.8 to 1.50 like that, 1.50v is very dangerous and core damaging unless that chip can tolerate/need 1.50v... Haven't touched AMD in awhile. Essentially, the errors that program is throwing is related to bad power, the 12v, 3v, and vcore are all fluctuating too much, some is ok, but almost half a volt in some cases is bad.
+1

So whats my next course of action? Get a new PSU and hope it fixes it, I also noticed that you said crashing, think of it like this. Move your mouse to each corner of your screen, what the computers doing is the mouse will freeze, then catch up. Freeze than catch up. And it happens with windows explorer sometimes too the window will freeze then catch up. This could all be linked to ****ty power supplies?

Mines almost like that, but its the WHOLE computer freezing, BUT I think it could be linked to that PSU being crap dropping the power of the CPU so it freezes and catches up. The windows explorer crashes. AND it does it on any OS. :(

Well the damn thing didn't want to boot anymore. The motherboard was the issue, because I plugged the power supply into another computer and it worked. We did a bench test with the motherboard out of the case. My Dad called me crazy and said there were no issues, then the motherboard proceeded to shut off and it didn't turn back on. It was hilarious but at the same time saddening. I've tried two different power supplies. Both didn't work so I'm assuming the power wasn't sending enough to the fans causing it to overheat, and that the power fluctuations were a cause of a faulty motherboard. There were no RAM issues, thankfully. My Dad said I was chasing ghosts the entire time and @PP MGuire and the occasional other people popping by. I will thank all that took part in my crazy quest to solve my computer issues.

Damn Gigabyte boards. Go with a different brand next time if you decide not to RMA. If you send it back and they say nothing is wrong demand a replacement or buy a new board to prevent damage to your CPU if it isn't already damaged.

I personally think it was/is a PSU issue still, though vcore isn't a PSU voltage, but a motherboard controlled one, you still had a lot of variance on the 3/5/12 rails.

I personally think it was/is a PSU issue still, though vcore isn't a PSU voltage, but a motherboard controlled one, you still had a lot of variance on the 3/5/12 rails.

I used 2 power supplies on the dang thing and they didn't boot it, I then plugged it into the other board I have and it booted fine. The motherboard wont even post or boot. So even if it was the power supply, it still doesn't turn on :(

Back
Top Bottom