Disabling Speed Stepping

Two sticks is to see if it's RAM causing the stopping or thermal. 4 sticks causes extra stress on the IMC and Prime95 default stress stresses a lot of RAM too. Leave two sticks out until everything is fine. Process of elimination.

Do you have the cooler fan and pump plugged into the motherboard or straight 12v? It's a good possibility the pump isn't on 100%. This could lead to the water getting overheated and not cooling the chip properly. There is no way that chip should be running that hot with that cooling setup.

I plugged in the cooler, it has one plug and it was in the CPU fan plug when I first got it, so I've always put it in there. What do you mean by the 12v?

Most reduction is based on voltage reduction like fan controlling. If the pump in that AIO cooler isn't getting 100% voltage off the header and the motherboard/bios is trying to reduce it by CPU temps then you aren't getting the full cooling power from that cooler. For instance, my H50 pump is plugged into a molex to 3pin adapter. Going from the stock cooler to a single fan H50 (literally the same thing) I dropped my temps down 30c. I load in the high 50s @ 4GHz. You won't see the same results, but having the cooling system running proper will reduce your temps greatly. If it doesn't you have something else very wrong and you need to address this before doing anything else. I mean, 70c load isn't going to burn up your CPU but it will throttle causing performance issues constantly which as you've noticed is quite agitating.

To explain further on the pump, think of a water faucet. If your pump is turned down by the motherboard reducing voltage it's like turning the faucet down causing the water to pump slower. If you don't have full pump performance the water can't cool your CPU effectively. You should have a 3pin to molex adapter that came with the cooler, if not try plugging the pump somewhere else like sysfan or similar.

I tried an air fan, it seemed to heat up, then the display shut off and it kept running running running, I had to shut it off this time. I dont think it's the coolers anymore. :(

You might not be installing it right then. The stock fan is sufficient to cool it properly and is extremely easy to install. Also, clear your cmos to make sure all settings are stock.

Its at the point where it was running, and so was the water cooler, but as soon as it hit around 40 Celsius it shut off. I KNOW it's plugged in correctly. I just tried to run prime95 and it shut off faster. I'll try resetting the CMOS again. Sorry for the wrong reply I passed out lol.

I went into the bios and the NorthBridge clock is 2.0 or something higher than that, I read online that it's too high on stock for boards should I lower it and give it a try?

Its at the point where it was running, and so was the water cooler, but as soon as it hit around 40 Celsius it shut off. I KNOW it's plugged in correctly. I just tried to run prime95 and it shut off faster. I'll try resetting the CMOS again. Sorry for the wrong reply I passed out lol.
40c is low, you're still using 2 sticks right? Starting to think it's something else.

I went into the bios and the NorthBridge clock is 2.0 or something higher than that, I read online that it's too high on stock for boards should I lower it and give it a try?
You could try, but I don't think it should be an issue. Auto volts should compensate for greater strain.

Could updating my bios fix these issues? Just curious
Possibly, worth a try.

I'm now eyeballing that PSU. If it's undervolting at all it could cause these exact issues.

Well I looked it up online, I was told it was Core Performance Boost, and this guy almost had the same exact rig as me, I will disable it and see what happens. ALSO I previously had another PSU I forgot to mention this, and it burned out because the bottom intake was on the carpet. It completely shut off and wouldn't turn back on. IT WAS a 600W soly tech SL-F600, when I first got it I didn't notice that they opened my PSU. But it was burned out. Now that I think of it. My USB ports are alittle dodgey and take time to turn on/pick anything up.

Back
Top Bottom